- $1500 scholarship for undergraduate or graduate students
- Application Deadlines: July 15 and November 15
- Available to citizens of the United States
Great Value Colleges believes that community service has the potential to enhance the value of a college education in profound ways. Community service helps build empathy and compassion and provides skills such as networking, organization, project management, team building, and problem solving — all skills that are essential in today’s workforce. Like internships, community service programs have become an important part of programs at colleges and universities. We here at Great Value Colleges would like to encourage this trend by awarding a $1500 Community Service Scholarship to students who show exceptional passion for community service and who’ve found concrete ways to enhance their education through service.
Great Value Schools Scholarship Requirements:
- Be attending or accepted at an accredited post-secondary U.S. institution (undergraduate or graduate).
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- Print and complete the scholarship application form.
- Submit one (1) cover letter and resume with two current letters of recommendation and a 1000-1500 word essay that describes your favorite community project, your involvement in this project, and how this project enhanced and/or added value to your college education.
- Have completed at least 40 hours of community services.
- Application Deadlines: July 15 (fall award); November 15 (spring award).
- Winners will be notified by email.
- Awardee will be selected based on the strength of the community service project (and their involvement) as described in their essay, and the significance of the connection between the community service and their education.
Contact/Application Submission Information:
- Email application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. To avoid processing issues, please zip all your attachments into one file and attach to one email.
Recent Scholarship Winners:
- To read about our fall 2020 scholarship recipients, click here!