The best scholarships for transfer students depend on your goals. That’s why this list includes scholarships for different majors, universities, states, and ethnic backgrounds. You’ll find small scholarships of a few hundred dollars and major awards that can pay for your entire education. Many universities offer scholarships for new students only, meaning you’re cut out of the picture as a transfer student. That’s why this list of great scholarships for transfer students is hand-picked to only include grants, awards, and scholarships that transfer students can apply for.
Related resource: Free Online Courses From Some of the Best Colleges in the US
1. Johnson & Wales Transfer Scholarship
– Accepted into Johnson & Wales University
– Meet academic standards
Johnson & Wales University (JWU) welcomes transfer students with up to $12,000 in assistance. You can attend any campus, including online courses, from any degree program. Whether you’re interested in Culinary Arts, Sports Management, or a pre-professional degree, you can apply this scholarship to your studies. JSU offers an experiential educational approach, meaning you’ll get hands-on experience and graduate ready to hit the ground running in your new career.
2. Dr. and Mrs. Volodymyr and Lydia Bazarko Scholarship
– Transfer student with less than 11 college credits
-Minimum of 900 SAT score
-Minimum of a “B” average in high school
-Preference is given to students of Ukrainian descent
This scholarship was founded by a Ukrainian family who wanted to encourage Ukrainian-American students to pursue a college education. However, students of all ethnic backgrounds can apply as long as they meet the academic requirements.
Manor College offers in-person courses at its Jenkintown, Pennsylvania, campus. You can also take attend online-only courses in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, and Liberal Arts through a flexible program and interactive digital classrooms.
3. Scholarships for Military Children Program
-Students with a parent who served in any of the armed forces and who possess a U.S. Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card
-Recipients must enroll full-time in a two- or four-year college or university in the U.S.
-Minimum of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
The Scholarships for Military Children Program offers financial assistance to students transferring to any accredited college or university in the United States. Successful applicants receive a $2,000 grant and can spend the funds on tuition, fees or textbooks. The funding is provided by suppliers to military commissaries who chose to donate to the program. Five hundred grants will be awarded in the school year 2020-2021. Approximately 5,000 applications are expected.
4. Patricia & Armen Oumedian Scholarship
-Resident of West Michigan or currently employed by a West Michigan Kettering Co-op business
-Demonstrated financial need
-Minimum of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
After graduating from Kettering University, Armen Oumedian wanted to help other students complete their education. He and his wife Patricia have funded many scholarships over the years, all focused on the West Michigan area and Kettering University.
Students living in West Michigan, including Flint, are encouraged to apply for this scholarship. By completing an application, students are placed under consideration for over $1 million in annual awards, whether they stay in the area and attend Kettering University or head elsewhere for a college education.
5.Dual Credit, Legacy, and Partner Scholarships
-Partner scholarships: Affiliated with a partner organization like Dare2Share or Young Life
-Legacy scholarships: Be the child or sibling of a currently enrolled or graduated student
-Partners in Christian Education scholarships: Attendance at certain Christian high schools
If you’re looking for a faith-based scholarship for transfer students, Colorado Christian University (CCU) can help. This private, Christian university offers scholarships for graduates of Christian high schools, relatives of current or graduated students and even members of Christian organizations. You’re eligible for up to $1,250 a year in assistance for up to four years based on these scholarships.
CCU offers many other awards for transfer students, including scholarships for financial aid, academic excellence, memorizing books of the Bible and musical performance.
6.Bridgewater College Financial Aid
-Minimum of a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale; more assistance is available for students with higher GPAs
-Enrollment at Bridgewater College
As a small (just 1,800 students!) liberal arts college, Bridgewater College prides itself on offering a unique, welcoming college environment to every student, including transfer students. You can earn over $25,000 a year in assistance based on your academic achievement. Bridgewater is especially generous to students transferring from community colleges. Members of the Church of the Brethren, the Christian tradition associated with Bridgewater, are eligible for additional assistance.
7. eQuality Scholarship Collaborative
-Resident of Northern or Central California
-Graduated from high school or community college in the past five years
-Enrolled in an RN program in California
-Service to the LGBTQ+ Community
If you’re transferring from a community college into a nursing program, this scholarship is for you. The eQuality Scholarship Collaborative wants to encourage social justice and compassionate care by rewarding you for your service to the LGBTQ+ community. Applicants of all sexual orientations and backgrounds are welcome to apply.
You may also like: 20 Great Scholarships for Out-of-State Students
8. Material Handling Education Foundation
-Demonstrated commitment to materials handling, logistics, and supply chain management
-Enrollment at an accredited university
-Full-time enrollment with at least a “B” average
You can earn up to $6,000 in scholarships if you’re transferring into a four-year program at an accredited university. If you plan to major in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or a related field, the Material Handling Education Foundation wants your application. This scholarship does not require an essay, but you must have three letters of recommendation from the material handling community, and you are encouraged to submit classwork related to the field.
9. Pine Cone Foundation
-Minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
-Current documentation of a learning disability other than ADHD
-Completion of an associate’s degree from a California community college
Finding funds for college is hard enough. If you add on a learning disability, it can seem impossible. The Pine Cone Foundation wants to help. Students with documented learning disabilities who complete an associate’s degree and transfer to a four-year university can receive a $2,000 scholarship. Up to six scholarships are awarded each year.
10. Hazel McBride Scholarship
-Minimum GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale
-Have not already earned a four-year degree
Valley City State University’s teacher training program offers up to $1,000 towards your tuition through the Hazel McBride Scholarships. Applicants need to meet certain academic standards and write an essay titled “Personal Abilities and Experiences That Will Enhance My Teaching Career.” The University offers several other general scholarships for transfer students, including up to $2,500 for the first year of enrollment.
11. Roberts Wesleyan University
If you transfer to Roberts Wesleyan University, you’re eligible for over $20,000 in scholarships and grants. The University offers a rich array of academic, need-based, legacy and religious scholarships so that every student can afford a quality, Christ-centered education. Because every applicant will qualify for at least one grant, these are some of the best scholarships for transfer students.
12. META Foundation
-Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
How can you afford to pay for college? The Making Education The Answer (META) Foundation has the answer to your question. Transfer students can earn the Gold Scholarship, worth $2,000 a year for up to four years. You must have demonstrated financial need, enroll in college full-time and be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
13. Heidelberg University Grant
-Member of the United Church of Christ
-Recommendation letter from your minister
Heidelberg University is open to all sorts of non-traditional students, including veterans, adult students, and transfer students. Although this university doesn’t offer online courses, it does commit to helping students complete a bachelor’s degree within four years. It also offers scholarships and grants for transfer students, including the $1,000 UCC Grant, which you can earn simply by being a member of the United Church of Christ and asking your pastor for a letter of recommendation.
14. Linly Heflin Scholarship
-Attend an accredited, four-year university in Alabama
-Documented financial need
– Minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
Calling all Alabama women! You can receive up to $7,000 a year in scholarships that can transfer with you to any Alabama university or college you attend. The Linly Heflin Scholarship does not require a specific major. The scholarship is valid for up to eight semesters of undergraduate study.
15. National Society of Accountants Scholarship
-Commitment to major in accounting
-Statement of goals
You can earn up to $2,000 in scholarships from the National Society of Accountants if you plan to earn a four-year degree in accounting. It doesn’t matter if you’re still enrolled in a two-year community college program or have already transferred to a university. As long as you plan to major in accounting and currently enrolled in full-time classes, you can apply for this scholarship.
View many more scholarships here.
- 10 Great Scholarship Apps
- 10 Great Scholarships for X-Ray Technicians
- 15 Great Scholarships for College Juniors
- 15 Great Scholarships for Ph.D. Students
- 15 Great Scholarships for Veterans
- 15 Great Scholarships for Writers
- 20 Great Scholarships for Average Students
- 20 Great Scholarships for High SAT Scores
- 20 Great Scholarships for Nursing School
- 20 Great Scholarships for Older Students
- 20 Great Scholarships for Out-of-State Students
- 20 Great Scholarships for Youth Adopted From Foster Care
- 25 Great Scholarships for College Students
- 25 Great Scholarships for Graduate Students/Grad School
- 25 Great Scholarships for Law School
- 25 Great Scholarships for Pharmacy Students
- 25 Great Scholarships for Theater Students
- 25 Great Scholarships for Young Black Men
- 25 Great Scholarships for Young Moms
- 30 Great Community Service Scholarships
- 30 Great Education Scholarships
- 30 Great Essay Scholarships
- 30 Great Merit Scholarships
- 30 Great Renewable Scholarships
- 30 Great Scholarships for Biology Majors
- 30 Great Scholarships for Communications Majors
- 30 Great Scholarships for Journalism Majors
- 30 Great Scholarships for Math Majors
- 30 Great Scholarships for Pre-Med Students
- 35 Great Scholarships for Design Majors
- 35 Great Scholarships for High School Seniors
- 35 Great Scholarships for Online Students
- 35 Great Scholarships for Single Moms
- 40 Great Scholarships for Business Majors
- 40 Great Scholarships for First-Generation College Students
- 40 Great Scholarships for Gamers
- 40 Great Scholarships for International Students
- 40 Great Scholarships for Kinesiology Majors
- 40 Great Scholarships for Minorities
- 40 Great Scholarships for Study Abroad
- 45 Great Scholarships for Latino Students
- 50 Great Scholarships for Non-traditional Students
- 6 Great Colleges for Volleyball Scholarships