Degrees Offered at Nova Southeastern University
Nova Southeastern University appears in our ranking of the 16 Most Affordable Master’s in Addiction Studies.
Nova Southeastern University takes pride in all of its 240 programs within 18 colleges. NSU has an incomparable and award-winning educational selection. The early childhood education center is renowned and well-respected. From forward-thinking undergraduate school programs to innovative and desirable master’s and doctoral programs in dentistry, oceanography, law, and medicine, finding the perfect degree is guaranteed at Nova Southeastern University.
Find a home in the honors college, or take your studies beyond the classroom through the study abroad program, or perhaps make a ground-breaking discovery with one of Nova Southeastern’s research opportunities. The faculty members in each of the following collegiate departments are committed to success:
- Abraham S. Fischler College of Education
- Abraham S. Fischler School of Criminal Justice
- College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- College of Dental Medicine
- College of Computing and Engineering
- College of Medical Sciences
- College of Optometry
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Psychology
- Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine
- Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Dr. Pallavi Patel College of Health Care Science
- Farquhar Honors College
- H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship
- Halmos College of Natual Sciences and Oceanography
- Ron and Kathy Assaf College of Nursing
- Shepard Broad College of Law
Nova Southeastern University hosts 62 online programs at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels. Students can get their M.S. or Ph.D. in Cybersecurity Management through a virtual classroom. If more than one program seems desirable, students can choose from 70 different undergraduate minors offered at NSU.
The Dual Admissions program hosts 32 unique programs for high school students who are eager to get a head-start on their undergraduate collegiate career.
About Nova Southeastern University
NSU was primarily established in Fort Lauderdale, Florida in 1964. Sprawled across just over 314 acres, NSU’s campuses also stretch across the world appearing in nine global countries. Previously regarded as the Nova University of Advanced Technology for physical and social sciences, the partnering with Southeastern University of Health Sciences in 1994 created Nova Southeastern University. Nova is known as a “high-research” university with recognition and a Community Engagement Classification from the Carnegie Foundation.
NSU participates in Division II (NCAA) sports and hosts 17 intercollegiate athletic teams. The school boasts an enriched community with art museums, performing arts centers and technology and research centers.
Nova Southeastern University Accreditation Details
Nova Southeastern University received institutional accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Specific schools and colleges within Nova Southeastern University have also received distinct professional accreditations.
- The Abraham S. Fischler College of Education and Criminal Justice received accreditation from the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- The Master of Science in Instructional Technology and Distance Education and the Ed.D. in Education with Instructional Technology and Distance Education received accreditation from the University Council in Jamaica
- Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Allopathic Medicine is accredited by the Liason Committee on Medical Education (LCME) and is also a participating member of the Association of American Medical Colleges
- The College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences the Master of Science and Ph.D. programs in Family Therapy received accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) within the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- The College of Computing and Engineering received accreditation from the Computing Accreditation Commission (CAC) from the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) for the Bachelor of Science Computer Science program
- The College of Dental Medicine is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation for dentistry, advanced general dentistry, oral and maxillofacial surgery, endodontics, orthodontics, and dentofacial orthopedics as well as periodontics, pediatric dentistry, and prosthodontics
- The Ron and Kathy Assaf College of Nursing received accreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education for the baccalaureate and master’s degree programs
- The College of Optometry Program is entirely accredited by the Accreditation Council on Optometric Education (ACOE)
- The Master’s in School Counseling program within the College of Psychology has approval from the Florida Department of Education. The Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology program received accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of the American Psychological Association
- The College of Osteopathic Medicine received accreditation from the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association. The Dr. Kiran C Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine is a member of the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
- The Athletic Training Program within the Dr. Pallavi Patel College of Health Care Sciences received accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). The Master of Occupational Therapy program received accreditation from the Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE), American Occupational Therapy Association
- The H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education
- The Shepard Broad College of Law is a participating member of the Association of American Law Schools. The College of Law received accreditation from the Council of the Section of Legal Education
Nova Southeastern University Application Requirements
First-Year Students (Undergraduate + Graduate)
- High school GPA
- High school transcripts
- $50 application fee (same for Graduates)
- SAT or ACT scores of 1150-1340 or 23-28
- Dual Degree program applicants must submit a Premier Program Application
- Official graduate transcripts
- Graduate enrollment agreement (upon acceptance)
Tuition and Financial Aid
Undergraduate tuition is $28,736. Visit NSU’s Undergraduate Tuition and Fees page for a detailed chart of all expenses and fees. Graduate tuition is $20,620. Price breakdown and details regarding other costs can be found by visiting the Graduate Tuition and Fees PDF page. Nova Southeastern University awards students scholarships averaging $14,835. Financial aid is available in the form of loans, grants, and scholarships. To find out if NSU has aid for you, visit the financial aid homepage.
Nova Southeastern University hosts a plethora of colleges and programs that are frontrunners in innovation and leadership.