- $1500 scholarship for undergraduate or graduate students
- Application Deadlines: July 15 and November 15
- Available to citizens of the United States with residency in Pennsylvania
For Great Value Colleges, a passion for all things political science is about much more than being politically savvy or the desire to become a politician. Being involved in political science consists of educating yourself on the world around us, learning to think on your toes, acquiring skills to take part in well-educated and developed debates, and much more. Students whose interest lies in American politics, international affairs, domestic developments in other parts of the world or political theory aim to learn about and work to improve situations for various groups—large and small—around the country and even the world.
So whether you’re on your school’s debate team, you participate in Model UN, you major in political science or take part in some other related activity, Great Value Colleges would like to reward you with a $1500 Political Science Scholarship. We believe that students who show passion for political science education and who have made an effort to enhance their education through political science extracurricular activities deserve to be rewarded.
Great Value Schools Scholarship Requirements:
- Be attending or accepted at an accredited post-secondary U.S. institution (undergraduate or graduate).
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- Print and complete the scholarship application form.
- Submit one (1) cover letter and resume; two current (2) letters of recommendation;
and a 1000-1500 word essay that describes your involvement with political science or related activity (e.g. Model UN, debate team, etc.) and how this engagement/project has or will enhance your college education.
- Application Deadlines: July 15 (fall award); November 15 (spring award).
- Winners will be notified by email.
- The awardee will be selected based on a completed application, the strength of the political science project/activity (and their involvement) as described in his/her essay, and the significance of the connection between the project/activity and his/her education.
Contact/Application Submission Information:
- Email application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. To avoid processing issues, please zip all your attachments into one file and attach it to one email.